NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program
In Design a Basic Sport Program, you will learn to:
- create a sound outline for your sport program that includes competition and training events;
- compare your program to those outlined by the NCCP in terms of long-term athlete development;
- assess the athletic development opportunities your program offers, and identify ways to remedy any weaknesses;
- interpret the information in a sample program, identifying training priorities and objectives at certain periods; and
- establish a link between your program’s training objectives and the content of practice sessions.